Get Babylon's Dictionary & Translation Software
Free Download Now!
Free Download Now!
Zombie Definition from Arts & Humanities Dictionaries & Glossaries
Dictionary of Philosophy of Mind
Zombie Definition from Language, Idioms & Slang Dictionaries & Glossaries
hEnglish - advanced version
1. a dead body that has been brought back to life by a supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead]
2. (voodooism) a spirit or supernatural force that reanimates a dead body [syn: zombi, zombi spirit, zombie spirit]
3. a god of voodoo cults of african origin worshipped especially in west indies [syn: zombi, snake god]
4. someone who acts or responds in a mechanical or apathetic way; "only an automaton wouldn't have noticed" [syn: automaton, zombi]
5. several kinds of rum with fruit juice and usually apricot liqueur [syn: zombi]
1. (Derogatory) a dull, brainless person; a person having no independent judgment, intelligence, etc.; 2. (Older slang) marijuana
1. a dead body that has been brought back to life by a supernatural force
(synonym) zombi, the living dead
(hypernym) dead person, dead soul, deceased person, deceased, decedent, departed
2. (voodooism) a spirit or supernatural force that reanimates a dead body
(synonym) zombi, zombi spirit, zombie spirit
(hypernym) spirit, disembodied spirit
(classification) voodoo, vodoun, voodooism, hoodooism
3. a god of voodoo cults of African origin worshipped especially in West Indies
(synonym) zombi, snake god
(hypernym) deity, divinity, god, immortal
4. someone who acts or responds in a mechanical or apathetic way; "only an automaton wouldn't have noticed"
(synonym) automaton, zombi
(hypernym) anomaly, unusual person
5. several kinds of rum with fruit juice and usually apricot liqueur
Zombie Definition from Computer & Internet Dictionaries & Glossaries
n. [Unix] A process that has died but has not yet relinquished its process table slot (because the parent process hasn't executed a
wait(2)for it yet). These can be seen in
ps(1)listings occasionally. Compare orphan.
Zombie Definition from Encyclopedia Dictionaries & Glossaries
Wikipedia English - The Free Encyclopedia
A zombie (Haitian Creole: zonbi; North Mbundu: nzumbe) is an animated corpse brought back to life by mystical means, such as witchcraft. The term is often figuratively applied to describe a hypnotized person bereft of consciousness and self-awareness, yet ambulant and able to respond to surrounding stimuli. Since the late 19th century, zombies have acquired notable popularity, especially in North American and European folklore.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|