Get Babylon's Dictionary & Translation Software
Free Download Now!
Free Download Now!
Pull up Definition from Language, Idioms & Slang Dictionaries & Glossaries
hEnglish - advanced version
1. as of vehicles or their riders; "the rolls pulled up on pour front lawn"; "the chauffeur hauled up in front of us" [syn: draw up, haul up]
2. straighten oneself; "he drew himself up when he talked to his superior" [syn: draw up, straighten up]
3. cause to stop; as of vehicles; "he pulled up the car in front of the hotel" [syn: draw up]
4. draw or pull out, usually with some force or effort; also used in an abstract sense; "pull weeds"; "extract a bad tooth"; "take out a splinter"; "extract information from the telegram" [syn: extract, pull out, pull, take out , draw out]
1. finish an activity, etc.: “How did he pull up after the weekend?”; 2. (horseracing) prevent (a horse) from running on its merits
to get one's life in order; to act together
1) stop what we are doing, usually to go home; 2) to change address
1. come to a halt after driving somewhere; "The Rolls pulled up on pour front lawn"; "The chauffeur hauled up in front of us"
(synonym) draw up, haul up
(hypernym) stop, halt
(verb-group) draw up
2. straighten oneself; "He drew himself up when he talked to his superior"
(synonym) draw up, straighten up
(derivation) pull-up, chin-up
3. cause (a vehicle) to stop; "He pulled up the car in front of the hotel"
(synonym) draw up
(verb-group) draw up, haul up
4. draw or pull out, usually with some force or effort; also used in an abstract sense; "pull weeds"; "extract a bad tooth"; "take out a splinter"; "extract information from the telegram"
(synonym) extract, pull out, pull, take out, draw out
(hypernym) remove, take, take away, withdraw
(hyponym) wring out, squeeze out
(verb-group) draw, pull, pull out, get out, take out
1. a roadside cafe especially for lorry drivers
(hypernym) cafe, coffeehouse, coffee shop, coffee bar
(classification) United Kingdom, UK, Great Britain, GB, Britain, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
2. an arm exercise performed by pulling yourself up on a horizontal bar until your chin is level with the bar
(hypernym) arm exercise
(derivation) draw up, pull up, straighten up
Pull up Definition from Encyclopedia Dictionaries & Glossaries
Wikipedia English - The Free Encyclopedia
Pull up may refer to:
- Pull-up (exercise), an upper body compound pull exercise
- Pull-up resistor, a technique in digital electronics
- Pull Up refactoring, a technique used in object-oriented programming
- Pull up, the process of changing a film from one frame rate to another - see telecine
- Pull-ups, a form of diaper that is in one solid piece, in the same form as underwear, lacking taped sides
- Pull-up jumper, a basketball move in which a player dribble drives, stops and shoots a jump shot
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Pull up Definition from Law Dictionaries & Glossaries
President's DNA Initiative Glossary
Specifically related to ABI Gene Scan® software, a peak seen in one color that is not due to the presence of DNA, but to incorrect compensation for the spectral overlap of the four dyes used in detecting multiple loci in one reaction. See also: ArtifactSource: The President's DNA Initiative ( About )
Pull up Definition from Entertainment & Music Dictionaries & Glossaries
american horse racing dictionary
To stop a horse or slow it down during a race or immediately afterwards