1. the possibility of future success; "his prospects as a writer are excellent"
(hypernym) potential, potentiality, potency
2. belief about (or mental picture of) the future
(synonym) expectation, outlook
(hyponym) promise, hope
3. someone who is considered for something (for an office or prize or honor etc.)
(hypernym) person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, human, soul
4. the visual percept of a region; "the most desirable feature of the park are the beautiful views"
(synonym) view, aspect, scene, vista, panorama
(hypernym) visual percept, visual image
(hyponym) background, ground
5. a prediction of the course of a disease
(synonym) prognosis, medical prognosis
(hypernym) medical diagnosis
1. search for something desirable; "prospect a job"
(hypernym) search, look
2. explore for useful or valuable things or substances, such as minerals
(hypernym) research, search, explore