1. an attack that penetrates into enemy territory
(hypernym) attack, onslaught, onset, onrush
2. clear or deep perception of a situation
(derivation) penetrate, fathom, bottom
3. the act of entering into or through something; "the penetration of upper management by women"
(hypernym) entrance, entering, entry, ingress, incoming
(hyponym) interpenetration, permeation
4. the ability to make way into or through something; "the greater penetration of the new projectiles will result in greater injuries"
5. the depth to which something penetrates (especially the depth reached by a projectile that hits a target)
6. the act (by a man) of inserting his penis into the vagina of a woman
(hypernym) sexual intercourse, intercourse, sex act, copulation, coitus, coition, sexual congress, congress, sexual relation, relation, carnal knowledge