Get Babylon's Dictionary & Translation Software
Free Download Now!
Free Download Now!
Mugging Definition from Language, Idioms & Slang Dictionaries & Glossaries
1. assault with intent to rob
1. the quantity that can be held in a mug
2. a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of
(synonym) chump, fool, gull, mark, patsy, fall guy, sucker, soft touch
(hypernym) victim, dupe
3. the human face (`kisser' and `smiler' and `mug' are informal terms for `face' and `phiz' is British)
(synonym) countenance, physiognomy, phiz, visage, kisser, smiler
(hypernym) face, human face
(hyponym) pudding face, pudding-face
(part-holonym) human head
(classification) United Kingdom, UK, Great Britain, GB, Britain, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
4. with handle and usually cylindrical
(hypernym) drinking vessel
(hyponym) beer mug, stein
(part-meronym) handle, grip, handgrip, hold
1. rob at gunpoint or with the threat of violence; "I was mugged in the streets of New York last night"
(hypernym) hold up, stick up
(classification) crime, law-breaking
Mugging Definition from Encyclopedia Dictionaries & Glossaries
Wikipedia English - The Free Encyclopedia
Mugging or mugger may refer to:
- A type of street robbery
- Steaming (crime), a variation of this type of robbery
- Model Mugging, a self-defense training technique.
- The Mugger Crocodile, a species native to India, Pakistan, Iran, and Nepal.
- A disparaging term for rote learning.
- A slang term for overacting.
- A Singapore colloquial term for intensive studying; a person who is studying intensively - derived from British colloquial term to mug up.
- "Mr. Clean / Modern Day Mugging", a 2004 single by rapper MF DOOM.
- "Mr. Monk and the Billionaire Mugger", an episode of the TV series Monk.
- "Mugged" (Flight of the Conchords), the third episode of the TV series Flight of the Conchords.
- "Muggers" a 2000 Australian movie directed by Dean Murphy.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|