1. (of grains especially rice) having the husk or outer layers removed; "polished rice"
1. a plant consisting of buildings with facilities for manufacturing
(synonym) factory, manufacturing plant, manufactory
(hypernym) plant, works, industrial plant
(hyponym) assembly plant
(part-meronym) production line, assembly line, line
(class) closed-circuit television
2. machine that processes materials by grinding or crushing
(hyponym) cider mill
3. the act of grinding to a powder or dust
(synonym) grind, pulverization, pulverisation
(hypernym) crush, crunch, compaction
1. move about in a confused manner
(synonym) mill about, mill around
2. grind with a mill; "mill grain"
(hypernym) grind, mash, crunch, bray, comminute
(derivation) grind, pulverization, pulverisation
3. produce a ridge around the edge of; "mill a coin"
4. roll out (metal) with a rolling machine
(hypernym) roll out, roll