\mem"oir\ (?), or pl. memoirs \mem"oirs\ (?) ], n. [f. mémoire, m., memorandum, fr. mémoire, f., memory, l. memoria. see memory.]
1. a memorial account; a history composed from personal experience and memory; an account of transactions or events (usually written in familiar style) as they are remembered by the writer. see history, 2.
2. a memorial of any individual; a biography; often, a biography written without special regard to method and completeness.
3. an account of something deemed noteworthy; an essay; a record of investigations of any subject; the journals and proceedings of a society.
1. an account of the author's personal experiences
2. an essay on a scientific or scholarly topic