Within the Society for Creative Anachronism , the administration and leadership of the territorial divisions are referred to as ‘kingdoms’, although SCA law states clearly that these divisions have no bearing on any mundane rule, law or authority. Each kingdom, geographically bound, has developed specific cultural practices that give each a unique identity. Each kingdom, ruled by a king and the greater officers of the kingdom (Seneschal , Marshal , Exchequer, Chronicler) and their deputies, is broken down into further divisions--principalities , baronys , shires , colleges and marches. Each of the SCA kingdoms is given below in the order of precedence:
- West Kingdom: The oldest SCA kingdom, founded in 1968, now comprising Northern California, part of Nevada,
- Alaska, Japan, and Australia.
- East Kingdom: The northern part of the eastern seaboard of the United States, including New York, New Jersey,
Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine.
- Middle Kingdom: The north-central part of the United States, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Minnesota
and part of Canada.
- Atenveldt: The southwest portion of the US, east of the Sierra mountains. New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, primarily, but
also extending into Mexico.
- Caid: Southern California, Las Vegas, Hawaii and New Zealand.
- An-Tir: Washington, Oregon and part of Canada.
- Calontir: The central part of the US: Missouri, Iowa, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska.
- Trimaris: Florida
- Outlands: Colorado, part of Utah.
- Dracenvald: Europe.