1. not accessible to view; "concealed (or hidden) damage"; "in stormy weather the stars are out of sight"
(synonym) concealed, out of sight
(similar) invisible, unseeable
2. covered from view; "her face buried (or hidden) in her hands"; "a secret buried deep within herself"
3. designed to elude detection; "a hidden room or place of concealment such as a priest hole"; "a secret passage"; "the secret compartment in the desk"
4. difficult to find; "hidden valleys"; "a hidden cave"; "an obscure retreat"
1. the dressed skin of an animal (especially a large animal)
(hypernym) animal skin
2. body covering of a living animal
(synonym) pelt, skin
(hypernym) body covering
1. prevent from being seen or discovered; "Muslim women hide their faces"; "hide the money"
2. be or go into hiding; keep out of sight, as for protection and safety; "Probably his horse would be close to where he was hiding"; "She is hiding out in a cabin in Montana"
(synonym) hide out
(hyponym) lie low
3. cover as if with a shroud; "The origins of this civilization are shrouded in mystery"
(synonym) shroud, enshroud, cover
(hypernym) envelop, enfold, enwrap, wrap, enclose
4. make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing; "a hidden message"; "a veiled threat"
(synonym) obscure, blot out, obliterate, veil
(hypernym) change, alter, modify
(derivation) concealment, concealing, hiding