1. publicly announced; "the royal couple's much heralded world tour"
(similar) publicized, publicised
1. (formal) a person who announces important news; "the chieftain had a herald who announced his arrival with a trumpet"
(hypernym) messenger, courier
2. an indication of the approach of something or someone
(synonym) harbinger, forerunner, precursor
(hypernym) indication, indicant
(derivation) announce, annunciate, harbinger, foretell
1. foreshadow or presage
(synonym) announce, annunciate, harbinger, foretell
(derivation) harbinger, forerunner, precursor
2. praise vociferously; "The critics hailed the young pianist as a new Rubinstein"
(synonym) acclaim, hail
3. greet enthusiastically or joyfully
(hypernym) greet, recognize, recognise