Get Babylon's Dictionary & Translation Software
Free Download Now!
Free Download Now!
Fatiguing Definition from Language, Idioms & Slang Dictionaries & Glossaries
JM Welsh <=> English Dictionary
Llyferthiad = n. a fatiguing
1. temporary loss of strength and energy resulting from hard physical or mental work; "he was hospitalized for extreme fatigue"; "growing fatigue was apparent from the decline in the execution of their athletic skills"; "weariness overcame her after twelve hours and she fell asleep"
(synonym) weariness, tiredness
(hypernym) temporary state
(hyponym) eyestrain, asthenopia
(derivation) tire, wear upon, tire out, wear, weary, jade, wear out, outwear, wear down, fag out, fag
2. used of materials (especially metals) in a weakened state caused by long stress; "metal fatigue"
(hypernym) failing, weakness
3. (always used with a modifier) boredom resulting from overexposure to something; "he was suffering from museum fatigue"; "after watching TV with her husband she had a bad case of football fatigue"; "the American public is experiencing scandal fatigue"; "political fatigue"
(hypernym) boredom, ennui, tedium
(derivation) tire, pall, weary, jade
4. labor of a nonmilitary kind done by soldiers (cleaning or digging or draining or so on); "the soldiers were put on fatigue to teach them a lesson"; "they were assigned to kitchen fatigues"
(synonym) fatigue duty
(hypernym) assignment, duty assignment
(classification) military, armed forces, armed services, military machine, war machine
1. get tired of something or somebody
(synonym) tire, pall, weary, jade
(hypernym) devolve, deteriorate, drop, degenerate
(hyponym) poop out, peter out, run down, run out, conk out
2. exhaust or tire through overuse or great strain or stress; "We wore ourselves out on this hike"
(synonym) tire, wear upon, tire out, wear, weary, jade, wear out, outwear, wear down, fag out, fag
(hyponym) exhaust, wash up, beat, tucker, tucker out
(cause) tire, pall, weary, jade
(derivation) weariness, tiredness
Fatiguing Definition from Encyclopedia Dictionaries & Glossaries
Wikipedia English - The Free Encyclopedia
Fatigue may refer to:
- Fatigue (material), structural damage from repeated loading
- Fatigue (medical), a state of physical and/or mental weakness
- Fatigue (safety), safety implications of tiredness
- Fatigue (military duty), work of a non-military nature such as construction of fortifications or clean up of grounds
- Fatigues (uniform) or battledress, a military uniform
- Information fatigue, impairment caused by excessive information
- Voter fatigue, public apathy about elections
- Combat stress reaction of battle fatigue, a military term which is generally short-term
- Posttraumatic stress disorder or battle fatigue, a medical term for a long-term disorder
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|