Get Babylon's Dictionary & Translation Software
Free Download Now!
Free Download Now!
Documentation Definition from Arts & Humanities Dictionaries & Glossaries
Glossary of Art Terms
A certificate that identifies techniques and materials used to produce an edition, as well as total number of print plus proofs. signed by both printer and artist.
Documentation Definition from Language, Idioms & Slang Dictionaries & Glossaries
hEnglish - advanced version
1. confirmation that some fact or statement is true [syn: certification, corroboration]
2. program listings or technical manuals describing the operation and use of programs [syn: software documentation ]
3. documentary validation; "his documentation of the results was excellent"; "the strongest support for this this view is the work of jones" [syn: support]
linux documentation project
plain old documentation
under the terms of the gnu free documentation license, version 11 or
1. confirmation that some fact or statement is true
(synonym) certification, corroboration
2. program listings or technical manuals describing the operation and use of programs
(synonym) software documentation
(hypernym) software, software system, software package, package
3. documentary validation; "his documentation of the results was excellent"; "the strongest support for this this view is the work of Jones"
(hypernym) validation, proof, substantiation
Documentation Definition from Computer & Internet Dictionaries & Glossaries
n. The multiple kilograms of macerated, pounded, steamed, bleached, and pressed trees that accompany most modern software or hardware products (see also tree-killer). Hackers seldom read paper documentation and (too) often resist writing it; they prefer theirs to be terse and on-line. A common comment on this predilection is "You can't grep dead trees". See drool-proof paper, verbiage, treeware.
instructional materials that describe the operations of an individual computer program or a piece of system hardware
Documentation Definition from Encyclopedia Dictionaries & Glossaries
Wikipedia English - The Free Encyclopedia
Documentation is a term with many meanings, the most common of which are:
- A set of documents provided on paper, or online, or on digital or analog media, such as audio tape or CDs.
- The process of documenting knowledge, as in scientific articles.
- The process of providing evidence.
- The writing of product documentation, such as software documentation.
- A synonym for the term document.
- A synonym for the term bibliography.
- A field of study and a profession founded by Paul Otlet (1868-1944) and Henri La Fontaine (1854-1943), which is also termed documentation science. Professionals educated in this field are termed documentalists. This field changed its name to information science in 1968, but some uses of the term documentation still exists and there have been efforts to reintroduce the term documentation as a field of study.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Documentation Definition from Law Dictionaries & Glossaries
President's DNA Initiative Glossary
Documentation Definition from Entertainment & Music Dictionaries & Glossaries
English to Federation-Standard Golic Vulcan