Get Babylon's Dictionary & Translation Software
Free Download Now!
Free Download Now!
Briefing Definition from Language, Idioms & Slang Dictionaries & Glossaries
1. detailed instructions, as for a military operation
(hypernym) informing, making known
(classification) military, armed forces, armed services, military machine, war machine
1. a document stating the facts and points of law of a client's case
(synonym) legal brief
(hypernym) legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
(hyponym) amicus curiae brief
(classification) law, jurisprudence
2. a condensed written summary or abstract
(hypernym) outline, synopsis, abstract, precis
1. give essential information to someone; "The reporters were briefed about the President's plan to invade"
(hypernym) instruct, apprise, apprize
1. of short duration or distance; "a brief stay in the country"; "in a little while"; "it's a little way away"
2. concise and succinct; "covered the matter in a brief statement"
3. (of clothing) very short; "an abbreviated swimsuit"; "a brief bikini"
Briefing Definition from Business & Finance Dictionaries & Glossaries
Raynet Business & Marketing Glossary
a meeting in which a client and researcher discuss the client's information needs so that the most appropriate researchCopyright © 2001, Ray Wright
Briefing Definition from Government Dictionaries & Glossaries
DOD Dictionary of Military Terms
Briefing Definition from Encyclopedia Dictionaries & Glossaries
Wikipedia English - The Free Encyclopedia
Brief or briefs may refer to:
- A firefox extension for RSS
- A letter
- "News in brief", a short-summary format of news items in a news publication or broadcast
- A papal letter less formal than a bull, sealed with the pope's signet ring or stamped with the device borne on this ring
- Brief (architecture), a requirement imposed by a client on an architect
- Brief (law), a number of formal document types
- "Brief", northern English slang for an event ticket e.g. "I have a brief sorted for the United game"
- Brief (text editor), a popular text editor for the MS-DOS operating system
- Behavior Rating Inventory of Executive Function (BRIEF), a behavioural assessment for children and adolescents
- Briefs, a type of underwear and swimwear
- Mission briefing, a conference before a major event to announce/agree upon the major information and actions necessary to complete the mission
- The Briefs, a Seattle band
- Briefers "Brief" Rock, a fictional character in the anime, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|