1. bedding that keeps a person warm in bed; "he pulled the covers over his head and went to sleep"
(hypernym) bedclothes, bed clothing, bedding
2. anything that covers; "there was a blanket of snow"
(hypernym) covering, natural covering, cover
3. a layer of lead surrounding the highly reactive core of a nuclear reactor
(hypernym) layer, bed
(part-holonym) breeder reactor
1. cover as if with a blanket; "snow blanketed the fields"
2. form a blanket-like cover (over)
(hypernym) cover, spread over
1. broad in scope or content; "across-the-board pay increases"; "an all-embracing definition"; "blanket sanctions against human-rights violators"; "an invention with broad applications"; "a panoptic study of Soviet nationality"- T.G.Winner; "granted him wide powers"
(synonym) across-the-board, all-embracing, all-encompassing, all-inclusive, blanket(a), broad, encompassing, panoptic, wide