Get Babylon's Dictionary & Translation Software
Free Download Now!
Free Download Now!
Afflicted Definition from Language, Idioms & Slang Dictionaries & Glossaries
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
(imp. & p. p.)Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913), edited by Noah Porter. About
hEnglish - advanced version
1. grievously affected especially by disease [syn: stricken]
2. mentally or physically unfit [syn: impaired]
JM Welsh <=> English Dictionary
Cystuddiedig = a. afflicted
Dychurio = v. to be afflicted
1. grievously affected especially by disease
(similar) ill, sick
2. mentally or physically unfit
1. cause great unhappiness for; distress; "she was afflicted by the death of her parents"
(hypernym) upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit
(hyponym) grieve, aggrieve
2. cause pain or suffering in; "afflict with the plague"; "That debasement of the verbal currency that afflicts terms used in advertisement"
3. cause bodily suffering to
(synonym) trouble, ail, pain
(hyponym) disagree with
Afflicted Definition from Encyclopedia Dictionaries & Glossaries
Wikipedia English - The Free Encyclopedia
Affliction refers to a condition or cause of suffering. It may also refer to:
- Affliction Clothing, a brand of clothing and mixed martial arts promoter
- Affliction Entertainment, a defunct mixed martial arts promotion company
- Affliction (film), a 1998 film by Paul Schrader
- Affliction (album), a 1996 album by Econoline Crush.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Afflicted Definition from Religion & Spirituality Dictionaries & Glossaries
Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary
one who answers; afflicted
answerings; singings; afflicted
Jannes, who speaks or answers; afflicted; poor
poor; afflicted; that answers
little; afflicted; in tribulationHitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary (1869) , by Roswell D. Hitchcock. About